- Gary Garrett
The Baldwin's Top 5 Meals That YOU Can Cook from Home
Hungry? The Baldwin is surrounded by a variety of excellent dining options, but if you'd rather not go out tonight, we've got you covered! Here's a collection of easy meals that you'll soon be able to make in your designer apartment kitchen:
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the Italian sausage until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until just tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Make sure to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Italian sausage mixture, cooked pasta and pasta sauce until well combined.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese. Spoon the remaining pasta mixture into the dish to form a second layer.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This double-decker layering approach means there will be plenty of cheesy flavor throughout the whole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
2. Shrimp & Broccoli Stir-Fry
Total Time: 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the sesame seed oil over medium-high heat until hot. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper as desired. Cook shrimp for about 3 minutes or until pink. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic and broccoli. Stir-fry on medium-high heat for 3 minutes and then add mushrooms.
- Put the shrimp back in the pan, then add the prepared soy-honey sauce. Stir together to mix all the ingredients. Add more salt or pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.
3. Cornflake Chicken
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drizzle butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Repeat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 10-15 minutes longer.
4. White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Total Time: 25 minutes
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Add to pasta; toss to coat.
5. Three-Cheese Pesto Pepperoni Pizza
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out your pizza dough into a 9X13 rectangle. Place the dough on the baking sheet and par-bake your dough for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the dough from the oven and add the pesto. Make sure to leave a 1-inch border all the way around. Top with pepperoni, pimiento peppers, mozzarella pearls, Parmesan, and fontina. Cook the pizza for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Let cool slightly before serving!
What's your favorite meal to prepare at home? Comment below!